Sunday 11 January 2009

17 Months Old

As promised, here are the pictures taken just after Ellis turned 17 months old. He is really growing up and turning into a lovely cheeky chappy.





















His new skill at the moment is climbing. He can now get up on the sofa on his own and the pouffe which is in front of the telly. I love to see him exploring but I think Rob finds it a bit nerve-wracking.

After Music with Mummy on Wednesday we went to Costa Coffee for tea and cakes. It is a really nice place and I can't wait to go there again. The atmosphere is nice, it's warm and they do huge mugs of tea and great muffins.

Ellis and his chums, Anna and Iestyn, seemed to like it too.



We went through a car wash for the first time yesterday and Ellis didn't seem to mind it, even though it was very, very loud.



After the car wash we popped in to see Wayne, Nic and Ella which was really nice as we haven't seen them for ages. It is amazing how quickly Ella is growing up into a little girl. Her hair is nearly long enough for a clip now!



Ellis had fun meeting Jasper, Wayne and Nic's dog, and I enjoyed watching Rob run around the living room, trying to stop Ellis from touching anything.



Pregnancy second time around has been a lot harder. Having to look after a toddler and cope with the physical aspects of growing another human has been tough. I could do with the next few months off, living in a spa. Obviously at times, this has got me down a bit so Rob came up with the idea of a family day out somewhere.

We wanted to buy a new Christmas tree in the winter sales so we started off going to Cadbury Garden Centre to have a look around. Of course we looked at all the animals first and I think the parrots were Ellis' favourite, the rabbits were mine and the ferret was Rob's.

We didn't find a tree but I found a lovely wreath for the front door which was priced at £52.46. We knew there would be a discount applied but we didn't realise it would end up only costing us £15.70! I was so very happy about that, and I love it!



We had lunch in the cafe which wasn't an easy task, trying to carry trays, push a buggy and carry a wreath. We managed it though and we all tucked in to our grub.



After food, Ellis had a lovely time playing in the small park. He went on the slide about 100 times and loved it every time. We should have got some video but Rob was day dreaming and I was helping Ellis up the stairs. I just didn't think of it, which is silly.

We then went to Brean beach. It was very wet and windy so I didn't really see the point in getting out for 10 seconds, only to get back in getting the car filthy. So instead we let Ellis sit in the front and we drove up the beach to look at some kite boarding. I think Ellis really enjoyed it and I can't wait to take him again when the weather is warmer.



We need to try and go swimming at some point this week as we haven't been for 2 weeks. I will have to see if I fit into my swimming costume first though as bump is starting to get rather large all of a sudden.

21 weeks

Mummy afternoon is at Charlotte and Faith's tomorrow which will be nice as we haven't seen them in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails