Friday 28 August 2020

Day 163 - BB School

I couldn't go to sleep. Tossed and turned for hours, then when I finally went off, Oscar turned our bedroom light on and started mumbling stuff at me. I got him to the loo and back to bed but I couldn't drop off again and it was 2:30am.

Suffice to say my eyelids are swollen this morning and I snoozed my alarm for over an hour. Rob was up and out early for a change and so I star-fished on the bed and snoozed in and out. 

I spent some time replying to messages as yesterday I struggled to sit down for more than 5 minutes so couldn't concentrate on having chats. Mum even face-timed me and I have no idea what was said. She spoke to Leo and wished him luck for his first time at big school. 

I eventually got up at 9, waking Ellis up too as he needs to adjust his sleeping a bit ready for Tuesday.  He didn't even moan at me which I was surprised about.

I sorted everyone out with breakfast and eventually went out for a run which I got done pretty quickly.  I've stopped doing the extra workout as I was getting bored of it but might try and find something else to do, especially as I've been eating crap non stop for the last 2 days!  I've started baking again, made brownies and I don't even like them but scoffed it.  Done another banana loaf and made some oaty banana bites which I nailed in one sitting. Chocolate fingers are also a daily intake. 🐷

I let Leo chill out first thing and then I got him to have a shower, get dressed and took the obligatory photo by the front door.



I made Ellis come too so that he could support his brother.  He really doesn't appreciate how much he looks up to him but they did have a nice little conversation on the way down.  Leo was asking Ellis if he was nervous on his first day, which he said he was but that it was okay.    We dropped Leo off who was very excited and really nervous but did really well.



I didn't feel too emotional about it all really but I did struggle to actually concentrate on anything for the afternoon.  I did lunch, watched a film with Oscar, made the banana loaf had a shower and then it was time to get him again.


I videoed him getting in the car and telling me all about it as I knew later on he wouldn't want to talk about it and he would forget loads.  It's a long video but I'm posting it for me really.


Back at home the tears arrived so I ran him a bath and set up his iPad so he could watch Netflix and relax while I made dinner.

Ellis cooked again tonight.  I didn't take pictures as I'm just not in the right head space at the moment but I over heard them both saying they enjoyed it.

I had a really lovely chat with my Auntie, Uncle and Grandma this evening.  Grandma was having a lucid moment so it was a great opportunity to catch up.  It is amazing that she can sleep 99% of the time but when she's awake she is completely normal with all her faculties.  Well I say normal but Grandma is as quirky as they come. 😂. She is 92 in a couple of weeks and has given me an extensive list of present ideas including Champagne, chocolates for diabetics, 2 sets of pyjamas and fluffy socks that aren't too tight. 😊


I've been spending the vast majority of my time scrolling through pages of second hand cars.  I just can't decide which is the best option but know I have to get on with it this weekend. 😬

Not too much planned for the weekend but all important stuff.  I need to get a car, Mum's car is being cleaned Sunday morning, we've been invited for dinner at Mum and Dad's Sunday, will hopefully be able to get out for a walk with Shauna Pops on Monday and I've found out today that Ellis and Leo have both grown out of their school trousers over the last 4 weeks! I can't find any in stock online so will have to go out hunting for some. 😩 Luckily with the new rules they will be wearing their sports kit for at least 2 days a week so even if I just find a couple of pairs each, that should keep them going for a bit.  Fingers crossed I can find some!

Going to go for a run in the morning and will then hopefully sit with Rob and make a final decision on the car situation. 🤞

I realise I've missed a few days on the blog and I will try and get up to date over the weekend but that all depends on if I can make a bloody decision and get some sleep! Really not sleeping well, but I suppose that isn't helped by the fact that I don't go to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails