Wednesday 12 August 2020

Day 147 - Woods

I woke up early to my alarm and promptly switched it back off. My leg was on fire and I knew there would be no exercise for me today and I was feeling very sleepy so just went back to sleep.  Next thing I know the house phone is going which can only mean 3 things, my Mum, Rob's Mum or scam callers.  It was 9:45am and it was my Mum doing her daily check-in.


After a little natter I promptly went back to sleep for a bit.  I haven't done this for months and I just obviously needed it.


I eventually got out of bed around 10:30am and the house was empty apart from Rob.  He'd dropped all 3 down to the woods with some gardening tools as they wanted to work on making a bike track.


They worked at it for hours and hours.  I took drinks, snacks, money and a mask to them and picked Oscar up a bit before the others.


Back at home I did loads of washing and pottering about and went out to do a tip run and small Sainsbury's shop.


Not long after arriving home the boys wanted picking up again so out I popped to get them, muddy, sweaty and starving hungry.


They all showered and ate a ton of food and later Leo and Oscar got back in the pool.  I did consider getting in today but it is looking a little on the minging side now.  They had fun though. 👍

Tonight I went out with Lucy and couple of her friends to a lovely pub on the waters edge.  It was so nice.  There was a cool breeze and plenty of socially distanced people around to give it some atmosphere.  I had a really nice time.




Where they to? 12th August Quebec City

We had to move today as the place we stayed last night had no beds for tonight. The cheapest option we could find was the University's Student Halls about a mile further out of town. Feeling a bit cocksure after yesterday, we decided to walk again. We arrived to find a campus roughly the size of Norfolk with accommodation blocks spread across all 4 corners of the site. Lady Luck must've been feeling kind as the first block we tried was the block where we were staying.

We picked up our key and wandered off to find our room. You get what you pay for, I suppose, and this place felt awful. It had long, grey, sterile corridors leading to more of the same. We found our room and let ourselves in to find just what you'd expect from a crusty students room. The place was a tip. A quick phone call got it all sorted but it's not a nice way to be welcomed.

Lunch from the student canteen was spaghetti with meat sauce. I don't know about you but I'm always suspicious when I see a dish where the meat isn't specified. What's 'meat' sauce? Was it beef? Was it lamb? It tasted ok but I can't help feeling that there may be a poor little foal running about in a field somewhere now, wondering where his mum is.

Nothing much else happened today. A bit of researching what to see in Quebec, a little walk around the university, dinner in a café and Mush finished reading her Harry Potter book. I won't spoil it for you by saying how it ended but she's been grumpy all evening and is now saying that she'll refuse to read the final installment when it comes out. I devised a cunning plan to cheer her up, taking her to the bookshop to buy something else to read. I remembered when we got there that we are in a French-speaking province. Smooth, Rob. Smooth.

----------

That was another rush job, sorry, but it's late and I want to get back into bed. 😊  No plans again for tomorrow.   Think Ellis is going to the woods first thing and I'm determined to get someone's shoes sorted out!  Going to start with Leo, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails