Saturday 22 August 2020

Day 157 - Unpacked

Home day.  I was up early, packed everything, fed everyone and the car was loaded by about 9:15am.  We really didn't think that the cleaners would show up that early but they were in the car park waiting before 9!  

We stopped for fuel and then hit the road, along with a million other people.  The journey home was stop start, crawl, stop start, crawl and I was feeling sick pretty quickly.  I didn't use my phone at all until we were on the motorway and I tried to read my book but I think I managed a page.

The boys all did great on the journey.  We stopped at a horrendously packed services to use the loo and grab a McDonalds as time was ticking on.

Once home I started the unpacking.  I'm pretty good at this job and although it does take time, I don't have to do too much thinking or decision making so I find it much easier than packing!

The food shop arrived and Rob helped to put it away so it was done really quickly and it was soon dinner time.

I changed our bedding and put on a brand new set of clean, white, silky, sheets and after my shower climbed in and was soon fast asleep.

I've added the surfing videos now which you can see here.


Where they to? 22nd August Montreal

Unless you've got money to burn, 6 days is too long to spend in one place when you are travelling. We found ourselves wandering the streets aimlessly today - at least if it was a new town they would be new streets and we'd feel that we were seeing something we hadn't before. Mush decided to go shopping for gifts while I settled in to a little corner of a coffee shop to catch up on the diary. She came back with a beaming grin, proudly sporting a gift - a pair of trainers for herself. Apparently she couldn't find anything suitable for anyone else although, to be fair, there were only about a thousand or so shops to choose from so I can see how she'd have struggled.




Completely bereft of ideas, we lounged around for the afternoon, reading, drinking and doing very little else. I checked my booby-trapped milk to see if the culprits had returned but, rather disappointingly, it looked as though no-one had touched it.


----------

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails