Sunday 23 August 2020

Day 158 - Sleep Good

I slept so good.  My alarm woke me up at 7am but I turned it off to snooze and woke half an hour later ready to get up and go for a jog.

I haven't jogged for over a week so was actually looking forward to it! Don't think I have ever thought that in my life!  My leg is much better now thankfully. Unfortunately my headphones weren't charged so I had no music today and I thought that might have a negative impact.  Turns out I managed to smash my 5k, running it in under 8min miles. 👍

Washing, washing and more washing today and the boys just all vegged. Leo was up before 7am, Oscar 9:30am and Ellis just after 10am, along with Rob.

Lucy, Craig and Ashlee came over in the afternoon, bringing back the gerbils they had kindly looked after for us.  They stayed for a lovely long time and we got to talk about lots of different things which is always nice.

After they left I didn't do very much, dinner, put some washing away, suitcases in the loft, showered and blogged.  Looking to go to bed early again tonight and see if I can do some catching up on what I lost last week.

Plan for tomorrow is that Mum and Cherry are coming over and I think we'll go for a walk.  The original plan was West Midlands Safari Park but it is quite expensive and we thought we'd save our pennies instead.

The hunt for a car continues.  I think we've narrowed the search down to 3 types of car but we need just a little more time, which we are running out of.  We'll get there. 🤞

Can't believe Leo is starting school next week.  He's only doing an induction Friday afternoon but he still has to wear full uniform, take his bag and pencil case stuff. Now I just need to convince him to get his hair cut. 🤔

I'm off to netball training tomorrow night! I can't wait but also nervous too! Going to be great and strange to see the girls again and I know it won't be like normal training, it will also be outdoors so potentially could end up getting quite wet.  I haven't trained outside for years!

My head is all over the place at the moment.  Thinking about cars, what needs doing before the boys go back to school, what could we do before they go back to school, sorting out their clubs, house stuff etc.  I won't keep listing and I'm sure I'm not the only one like it.  So bed for me! 😴


Where they to? 23rd August Toronto

And so, on we move again. This time back to Toronto for a few more days with Pam and Rob.

We made our way to the bus station on the tube and I only noticed for the first time today that some people get very uncomfortable when we step into the carriage with hulking rucksacks on our backs. It's pretty understandable, I suppose, so we do our best to look like bumbling tourists rather than someone with a more sinister motive although, to be fair, looking like bumbling tourists seems to come fairly naturally to us.

The coach was fairly comfortable and we were at the station in time to secure the front seat. This turned out to be a mixed blessing. For the first half of the drive, we were able to take in the views and enjoy the ride but when they changed drivers we became rather nervous. It's a bit non-pc for me to say this and also somewhat hypocritical but there is no way, to my mind, that a bloke in his 60s who weighs in excess of 25 stone should be driving a coach with 56 people onboard. Mush and I planned our strategy for bringing the bus to a halt if he slumped over the wheel. We swapped seats so that Mush was closer and the basic plan was for me to lift his leg out of the way and grab hold of the wheel while Mush jumped in with her foot and hit the brakes. Thankfully, we made it safely to Toronto and didnít need to do anything drastic but, with hindsight, it would have made quite a cool diary entry.

When we arrived at Toronto, we had some time to kill before Rob picked us up so Mush spent 20 minutes looking around a pet store where they had everything from bulldog puppies to Persian kittens for her to coo over. I made sure that she didn't have our credit card as our trip may very quickly have changed from Mush and Rob's Excellent Adventure to Mush and Rob's Excellent Menagerie Smuggling - the World Tour.

We made it back to Pam and Rob's for about 8PM, caught up on our laundry, settled in with a pizza and got royally bladdered, courtesy of the beer fridge. The room is spinning right now and I'm scared to close my eyes so I'll sign off to concentrate on staring at the ceiling. Goodnight.

----------

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails