Tuesday 7 December 2010

Crimbo Decorations

Friday 3rd, Rob was supposed to go out on a works Christmas do. It was actually a meet up with all his old work buddies from 2 jobs ago but he didn't feel well enough for it so came home. That was great as we were all missing him.

On Saturday Rob had a lie in, even though it was supposed to be my turn and he got up around 10:30am. I then proceeded to nag him to put the tree up.

Rob eventually got the Christmas stuff in from the garage with my help (I stood and pointed) and we started our first day of doing Christmassy stuff.


Last year I bought a lovely singing and dancing mouse. It was a huge hit last year and this year has been the same. The boys do a lovely dance to it and I will try and get that on video soon. You can see last years here.





We had loads of fun during the afternoon, just dancing about, playing, hiding, singing and just generally spending time together which was ace.







The tree was finished after lots of arguing about the lights but the end result was quite good I think.


I put a couple of other things out and I have to put some tinsel on the pictures too.



This year was the first year that I could actually put my beloved wreath on my front door. Everywhere we have lived since buying it was too close to the main road so Rob was worried it would be damaged or stolen so it has remained in a bag for years. I am so happy to have it up this year and it makes me smile every time I see it.


We settled down for the evening but Leo was still going even though he has a bad cold.


Sunday morning I had a lie in which was great and then after lounging around on the sofa for an hour I asked if I could go shopping without the boys. Rob was okay with that so I shot up the big big shops to try and make a dent in my Christmas shopping.

I made a huge dent in our bank account so I must have done quite well! I bought the boys stuff, they are finished now. I managed to get a couple of other things but one of the main things I really wanted were some maternity jeans that fitted nicely. I was unsuccessful and left feeling only half satisfied with my shopping spree. As you can see from my 26 week bump picture, I am in need of some!


Yesterday I went to Costco with Mum, Katie, Leo and Kamron. I did buy a couple of things for Ellis and I bought some clothes for Nugget. I know I should have enough but I like to get a couple of new things for the new baby. He deserves it and it wasn't a lot of money this time. I say this time as his lush outfit I got the other day was a bit on the steep side.

Today Sally and Anna came over to sit with the boys so that I could go to Ellis' pre-school to see his learning diary and have a chat with one of his teachers. It took ages! I was there too long and had to leave to get back for Sally.

Thanks again Sally for taking care of the boys. xxx

Leo napped for ages and ages so when he eventually woke up I got them both dressed and in the car to Sophie, Maggie and Ted's house.

Sarah and Amelie were there again too which was nice. We had a bit of lunch then just sat chatting and playing.

I didn't stay too long as I had to go food shopping after. It's amazing how long that can actually take! Ellis was really helpful though and was very well behaved. He picked out a card and present for his best friend Matthew who's birthday party is on the 18th.

We got home after 4pm and the boys played nicely whilst I put the food away.

The evening went quite well. Leo ended up with a high ish temperature though so I had to give him some medicine and he didn't settle until nearly 10pm. Hopefully that means he might sleep in a bit but I doubt it very much.

I've just checked the webcam in his room and he still shuffling around. Poor baby. I really hope we are all better soon. I'm not feeling too bad although I had a very emotional day today. I'm blaming the hormones.

Busy day tomorrow but should be good fun.

Sorry for the weekly mammoth posts but I just haven't been finding the time to sit and blog. It's going to get worse too with me starting active birthing classes and then baby will arrive. I so hope I can still do it though.

Off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails