Sunday 12 December 2010

Messing Around

Ok, going to try and keep this as brief as possible as I know having a lot to read gets boring.

So again I find myself doing a weeks worth of blogging! I think once Christmas is out of the way I should be able to find more time to do some blogging. This entry has taken me so long because of the sheer number of videos.

Last Wednesday was quite busy. Leo had his music class in the morning and although he wasn't feeling 100% I took him as it was the last one until after Christmas.

Then it was Ellis' music class. Mum came over to sit with Leo at home and I was allowed to sit in and watch Ellis. Unfortunately Debs the teacher was loosing her voice so the kids took advantage a little bit and ran riot at times.

Taking gifts to Jesus.




Anna was the only one who would dress up as the Angel.


Baby William. He is currently the youngest of our Mummy group of kiddies. Soon to be replaced by either Naomi's baby or Nugget.




Love this video of Ellis marching. I wanted to stitch it together with the one above but Movie Maker isn't working properly since I did the upgrade.

We got home and thanfully Mum stayed over for ages which was great. It's always nice to have the company and help with the boys.

Rob was home that night and he did a video of me playing with the boys. It is long but I thought I am rarely in the videos that I would just post it all.


Thursday we went to Ellis' swimming lesson. We arrived slightly early and the previous group were just finishing off. They were being dunked under, with the teacher holding them, to the bottom to pick up a fish (ring). Ellis saw them and immediately said he wasn't doing it. 2 seconds later he needed a poo! Poor kid was scared to death. I told him he would be fine and that Nicky the teacher would be with him and would look after him. He wasn't having any of it.

Anyway he did really well in the lesson and I could see that he was chatting to the teacher quite a lot and she was laughing at him so he was obviously having a good time. So when it came to the dunking part, I didn't know what to expect. I thought she would just dunk him. He was third so when the first girl did it I cheered and clapped and so did the rest of the parents/grandparents and again for the second girl. When it was his turn he just kept saying to Nicky that he didn't want to go under. So she took him off to find his fish and they were looking down at it and blowing bubbles in the water and they were taking their time and talking and then suddenly he plopped his face in the water. He came back up and didn't make a fuss at all, but we all did! We all clapped and cheered him and he looked so chuffed. Not as much as I was with him mind you. It seems like such a simple thing but it really is a big deal for him. Proud of my little guy and I praised him for days for that.

I stopped to do some shopping on the way to Nanny and Grandad's house and I was surprised to find that Ellis stayed asleep when I put him in the buggy. He was obviously shattered from the intense swimming lesson!



At Nanny & Grandad Rennolds' house I only bathed Ellis as Leo still had a high ish temperature so thought he could miss out. Ellis actually asked to be sat up holding a flannel on his face and for me to pour water on his head to wash his hair. Such a huge improvement!

Friday Leo had his last Sing & Sign class of the year and it was quite good because we sang Christmas songs which was a nice change.

He then had a very very long nap and I was able to get all of my Christmas cards written along with some housework.

That night I went out for my Mummy Christmas Do. Rob took care of the boys so that I was able to spend some time getting myself ready. I managed to wash and straighten my hair and even managed to put a bit of slap on before picking up Sarah.

I had a lovely evening. We had a round table which is always the best and our secret Santa presents I think, were generally very successful. The food was good too although I found my main a bit too salty for my pregnancy palate. I don't add salt to anything so I suppose I can really taste it when it's there. Here are some pictures and a video from the evening.












I was stuffed by the time I got home. Just look!


We had an early start on Saturday morning as we were due to be at Ellis and Leo's music Christmas Party for a 9:30am start.

The usual singing, dancing and instrument playing commenced and I tried really hard to grab some videos and pictures but it was quite tricky. Please excuse my singing.








Shazza was there too with Sophie.






At the end Debs said listen to that noise and a bell rang somewhere. She said that maybe it was Father Christmas dropping by. Ellis immediately said "no Debs, Father Christmas only comes at nightime!". She very quickly changed her story saying that Father Christmas must be too busy and that Rudolph the reindeer had dropped it off instead. He seemed to buy that and I just loved sitting and watching his face light up. It was so exciting!




We took a walk up to the church after just to see the Christmas tree which I wasn't that impressed with. Saying that I'm quite fussy when it comes to Christmas trees.


Later on that day, Leo went for a nap and I was bored so took Ellis to B&Q to try and find some more decorations. He was my little helper.



Sunday morning I had a long lie in. I really needed it and tried a couple of times to wake up but just ended up going back to sleep. Rob was ok though as he put Leo down early for his nap and then had a snooze on the sofa while Ellis watched TV.

I then motivated everyone to go out for lunch. I wanted to go to our favourite restaurant as I know the kids will eat there, they are family friendly, always have space on Sunday lunchtimes and I love the food. It didn't work out as planned though. Leo got really upset, wouldn't eat and had to be taken for a walk to calm down. This then meant that Ellis wanted to follow Daddy to see where he had gone so I ended up sitting on my own for a bit.

The calm before the storm.

We went to see Lucy, Craig, Shauna and Ashlee for a quick cuppa before going up my Mum and Dad's house.

We had lots of fun messing around with the camera. Ellis took some pictures too. We decorated one of Mum's trees, fed the boys, played on the ipads, drank tea and had a laugh.



Tried to get a family picture but this was the best we could do.





Ellis' turn.



My turn again.




It was home and bed for the boys and Rob took my 27 week bump pictures.


There are lots of things coming up where videos and pictures are going to be taken so I need to keep on top of it. I am trying, honestly.

So much for me not writing much. I am a chatter box and do tend to waffle on. Be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails