Monday 18 October 2010

Mad Wizard

Sunday was so boring. Rob didn't get up until 12:15pm so after lunch he took the boys to the park and I sorted through all the baby clothes in our room. I finally got them all into age order and sorted it into boys and unisex piles. It looks really organised and I'm quite pleased I got it done.

The highlight was I went out in the evening. Rob bathed and put the boys to bed on his own which allowed me time to get ready to pick Saskia up just past 7pm.

We went to Sarah's house for food and we all took along a little something. I took green beans and carrots, Saskia brought the dessert. Unfortunately 2 of the gang pulled out but we still had a really nice time chatting mainly about our boys, school, teaching and some physics.

I got home really late, took my bump pictures and went to bed, only to be woken up an hour or so later by Ellis getting into bed with me.

Rob came up and said something was wrong with Ellis as he had been in our room 5 times since I went to bed. This happened the other night and I thought he was just having bad dreams so I let him stay in with me for a bit before putting him back in his own room. It worked then but didn't work last night. Back and forth we went and he was just getting more and more upset. In the end Rob went and stayed in his room with him.

Today I think I have found the reason for the recently disturbed nights and the coming into my bed at all hours. In his music class on a Wednesday they have been doing a clip from Fantasia where Mickey gets a broom to do his work for him, falls asleep, ends up waking up with the castle filled with water and a very mad wizard telling him off. You can see the clip here.

Ellis has been talking about it loads and showing me how he is carrying the heavy buckets of water etc. but I think last week they must have acted out the scene of the wizard being mad as all Ellis goes on about now is seeing the magical eyes in the dark, hearing the footsteps which is the mad wizard coming down the stairs banging the walls. He is not a happy bunny and no matter how much I talk about something else, he always brings it right back to hearing footsteps. It's actually starting to creep me out!

So today after pre-school we went to Sainsbury's so that he could pick something new for his room as I originally thought he was going off his new room. He ended up picking a stuffed cushion in the shape of a dinosaur, which along with planes, pirates and helicopters is one for his favourite things. So fingers crossed tonight, the dinosaur with protect him and keep him cosy and comfy in his own bed, all night. Wishful thinking I think.

Ellis was very tired as he hadn't slept much last night so he was crashed out by the time I got home from the shops. I sat him on the sofa and tried to wake him up so that he could watch his favourite TV show. I wanted him awake so that he would sleep well tonight.


I ended up trying to put him on the loo but that woke him up. We spent the next couple of hours, playing football, running up and down, doing yogo, yes yogo and eating dinner.

The boys were in bed by 7pm and I showered and did this blog.

New car is coming tomorrow, so exciting!

3 comments:

  1. do you do Facebook??
    love the new car! why does it smell like dog? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, yeh I am on Facebook. Re the car, I think because of the type of car it is, it has been used to have dogs in the back and it still smells a bit. The car has actually gone back now as it had some things wrong with it and the garage didn't want to pay to get it sorted. Bit sad really but these things happen. Hope you and your babies are well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks, about the car! We're doing great. I was going to see if you wanted to meet up as friends on Facebook, then you'd be able to "meet" my kids too..since I don't have a working blog right now! Anyway, when we had the kids we had to buy a new car just to fit our new stroller!! Our triplet stroller is gigantic but TOTALLY worth it!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails