Saturday 17 July 2010

Nicky's Hen Weekend - Day 2

Day 2 and no lie in for anyone. The mini bus arrived and we were off. To where, we didn't know until we arrived.




As we turned into the driveway of Mud Mania, I think we all pretty much guessed what was about to happen.


We were all given outfits to wear, and we had to fit our own helmet. Goggles were provided but they were so scratched it was hardly worth it.




They watered the track and we were given instructions.


We had a group picture taken in our nice clean suits.



We were all given numbers and when we were called up we get strapped in, do a warm up lap and then have a race. The buggies took a while to warm up though as we were the first group of the day. Also the buggies went at different speeds so depending on what buggy you were, decided what place you would come.







To say you got muddy was an understatement. There were 2 huge puddles, one of them being rather deep. The white overalls were not water proof and we were all soaked through.







I made it into the final but unfortunately I got the slowest buggy so I came last. Boo! The hen had the fastest obviously, so Nicky received a medal and a bottle of champagne that was sprayed all over us. Wicked fun.


Group dirty picture.



We cleaned up as best as we could, using a barrel of water. Luckily I took a change of clothes which was a great idea.

We got the mini bus back to the hotel so that we could get showered and dressed in our hen weekend t-shirts for our next activity. It was the usual vest top with Brighton 2010 on the front and a silly name on the back. Karen was Kinky Karen, and I was Metallic Mush! It was supposed to be Mental Mush! Ah well.

We didn't know what the next activity was either so when Tilly came into our room and put moustaches on all of us, we were really confused.


We walked into town and found a small cafe to have some lunch.




We then walked for ages and ages, up and down hills, up and down different streets until we came to an art studio which hired out rooms. I think we all guessed what we would be doing but it wasn't until I met Miko that I just knew it! Life art class.

It really was a good class. The teacher was formal but joking too. She taught us seriously and gave us really good tips to get the best out of us. I actually enjoyed trying and didn't find that I was giggly or anything.









We walked back into town and straight to a pub for drink and food. Again we were just chilling out before going back to the hotel to get ready for the night out.


The theme for the second night was disco divas. I practised at home and Rob didn't recognise me!



We took a while getting ready and met in Nicky's room again before going out.





First stop was at the Honey Club where my friend Sandra was having a surprise 40th do. Everyone went along to Sandra's party for me which was really nice of them. I loved seeing Sandra and she was so pleased to see me. We didn't stay too long, just one drink and a chat before we walked into town.

The usual shenanigans ensued and we poured into our beds in the earlier hours. Again I had to read my book so that I could drop off. How sad am I? Don't answer that.









You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails