Friday 2 July 2010

Double Party

As Rob was doing the 3 peaks, I had the boys on my own the whole weekend. In fact Rob came home on the Wednesday night and then he wasn't back until Sunday afternoon, and was completely shattered of course.

I've only started to feel better the last few days but I haven't had the chance to do any blogging. My days are all so mixed up too!

Last Tuesday I took the boys to the park to feed the ducks. Unfortunately it didn't work out quite as planned.



We had a nice walk around though and stopped in the park for half an hour too.


Then we stopped in to Nanny and Grandad Rennolds' house for lunch. Nanny was out and Grandad was really busy so the boys and I sat and ate our packed lunch then went home.

The boys had a little nap before we went to Mummy afternoon at Sharon's house.

On Wednesday Nanny Rennolds was busy with Auntie Katie so wasn't able to help me with the boys music classes that day. I took Ellis to school as usual and Leo and I messed around at home until it was time to pick him up.


We had an hour to kill in between the end of school and the start of Ellis' music class so we went home, got changed and then walked down, via the park.

I did a bit of pottering around Sainsbury's until it was time to pick him up again.

We went to the park with Sally, Anna and William on the way home. Anna went on the big swings so Ellis wanted a go too. It was his first time!


Thursday was boring. Ellis went to school in the morning and I took Leo to his Jolly Babies group, then after picking Ellis up, we sat in for the rest of the day. We usually go to Nanny and Grandad Rennolds house for dinner but they couldn't make it so we rearranged it for Friday.

We didn't get to Mum's until quite late on that Friday as we had the gym class first. It was really nice though. The boys played outside and I watched.

Then it was the weekend without Rob around to help. I was really in need of a lie in but obviously the boys knew this so got me up at 6:30am on both days!

Anyway, on Saturday we had a party to go to in a lovely estate. It was Ria's 3rd birthday party and it took us 40 minutes to get there so I'm glad we left early. Plus the kids were doing me in and I just had to get out! It took me an hour and a half to get them creamed up, dressed and in the car! Needless to say, I forgot my camera!

The party took place in the shade of a huge tree. Lovely views and it was just so relaxing to watch the kids run around and to nibble on party food. Lucy, Craig, Shauna and Ashlee were there too so that was good as they helped me out.

We stayed for quite a while and I didn't get back in the car until gone 4:30pm which I knew would be a pain as Leo would fall straight to sleep, which he did.

On Sunday we had another party to attend. It wasn't until later in the afternoon and we missed seeing Rob coming home by about 5 minutes! I managed to remember my camera this time though.

First off though we went to the shops for some food and I bought Rob a congratulations card and some chocolate as a small reward for completing the 3 peaks challenge. We are so proud of him for completing it as he almost didn't do the last one.

It was a joint birthday party for Toby and Iestyn and it was held at the same place we are having Ellis' birthday party.

Once in the play room, the kids were off!








It was really, really hot in there and no air flowing through even though all the windows were open! It's only for an hour though so not too bad.

The adults sat around chatting, and watching the kiddies get sweaty.




"I'm a lady!"


"The hostesses with the mostest!"





Charlotte had had her hair cut off which looked really nice. I loved it, but wouldn't have the guts to do it myself. Maybe one day.


Baby William was there and I was able to have a little cuddle and captured a short video of him with his eyes open.



The party ended and the boys were given a lovely little gift each and a fairy cake. As I was loading the boot with the buggy, I suddenly heard some music coming from the car.


Back at home Ellis ran into Daddy's arms and just sat with him for ages. Then they opened the little gift which was a 3D puzzle and of course Ellis wanted to do it straight away.

Rob was really achy so they sat at the kitchen table together for ages doing the puzzle. Rob was really patient with him and although Ellis got bored a couple of times, he did manage to finish it and he did it all by himself. Long video sorry.


Then Leo had some Daddy time and he sat and read some books. He really is loving his books now and quite often carries one up to me and drops it at my feet. He is trying to talk although the words all sound very similar, beginning with D too. Du Du, Da Da. It's really cute. He can say flower really well and I love all the different sounds he can make for different animals etc. I'll try and get some on video but they never perform when you want them to.



Rob was back to work first thing Monday and I took Ellis to school. I came home and sorted out the huge mound of washing and ironing before picking him up again.

After lunch Ellis had a quick nap and then I had decided to take them swimming on my own. I had organised everything. I had put everything in one bag, including wallet, phone, nappies etc and Ellis and I wore our costumes there.

It took 2 minutes to get Ellis and I ready then Leo took another minute and that was that. I put the bag in the locker and took our towels to the shower area. Leo kept slipping, even though he was holding my had so I had to carry him.

They both loved it and had such a great time. Ellis couldn't stop smiling and Leo didn't grizzle once!

We stayed in for 45 minutes and then I started to get cold. I stripped them off for a shower and cleaned both of them. I never bother doing that even with someone there to help me! I obviously felt on top of it.

Changing back took a bit longer but it was still fine and I left the changing room feeling good. Usually I'm hot, sweaty and stressed.

We stopped in the cafe for a quick snack and drink before going home.

The evening was quite relaxed and I thought the boys would be shattered at bed time, but they weren't. Leo didn't fall asleep until after 8pm.

Tuesday morning I had to pop to the shops for a few items, and on a last minute whim I decided to go into the shoe shop for Leo. I bought him some sandals a while ago but they pinched his ankles so I took them back. Now though, he is much more confident on his feet and he really could do with some shoes. There was a sale on and after having him measured, he had moved up a whole size to 5 1/2 F from 6 weeks ago, I managed to buy some lush shoes for half price! Bargain! I'm really pleased with them and he seems happy in them.





Mummy PM was out our house this week and Sharon, Sophie and Alexander arrived earlier than normal which was nice as we were able to have a chat before it got too noisy. Both my boys went to bed by the time everyone else arrived so I was able to serve drinks and have a bit of a chat before I had to get the boys up.

In the evening my sister, best friend and her sister Jaimie, came over for pizza. Lucy brought me some flowers too which was sweet and we all sat chatting, drinking and stuffing our faces. It was good fun. They were all gone by 10:15pm and I then stayed up stupidly late!

Luckily for me the boys slept in until nearly 7:30am! It was so dark outside that I think that was the reason why.

The afternoon was really busy. Ellis was dropped off at school and then Leo and I went to see Charlotte and Honour. We sat at the table together and had lunch which was very civil apart from Leo lobbing food everywhere and then we went upstairs so that I could try on loads of clothes. It was wicked! Charlotte and I are a very similar size in clothes and shoes so I'm very fortunate to receive any clothes that Charlotte is passing on. The aim of the trying on session was to work out what suited me and how I could dress differently during the day. I live in jeans and t-shirts, which is fine, but I would really like to dress up, be more feminine, and just generally put a bit more thought and effort into my appearance. Thanks Lotty for all your help, I just need to put the effort in now. xxx

We picked Ellis up and went to Sainsbury's to do a little bit of shopping and then walked slowly over to his music class.

I could already tell that he was very tired from being as school that afternoon so was a bit worried about how he would be. This week we were able to sit in and watch what they do each week. This term has been based around the book, The Bad Baby Says Yes. When I was pregnant with Leo I used to read this to Ellis all the time and he loved it and knew all the words.

The class starts with the register.




Then they did a bit of singing.


Then they do some things which involve jumping around and following Debs (the teacher) around the room but Ellis wasn't having any of it.


Followed by more singing.


Then finally they made some pancakes and I was quite surprised that he did that bit.


They got a stamp on their hands and we left. That's it now until September! What am I going to do with them? It is quite surprising how my diary fills up though as I generally catch up with people I don't really see that often, like Linda Bond who lives miles away!

Ellis was so excited that Daddy was coming home. He has been really missing him. I kept them both busy as he usually doesn't get home until 7pm but I knew he would be home earlier and wanted to keep it a surprise. We were laid on the floor playing with toys when he came in and Ellis just lit up and ran to Daddy for cuddles. Leo followed very quickly behind and they had a group hug. It was the best.

Rob then did fantastic, he played with them until he could no longer move! I took Leo up at the usual time and Ellis stayed up later to have some more fun. He needed it so I didn't mind.




The next few weekends are rather busy. We are going to the zoo and a party this weekend, I'm away the next weekend, Rob is away the weekend after that and then I have Ellis' birthday to sort out. Busy, busy.

This is very random I know but I love watching this dance competition programme and the other day I watched a routine that I just love and I can't stop watching it as it makes me feel good. The guy in the red t-shirt is a classical ballerina! The other guy is a highly trained hip-hop dancer. Love it!


Sorry about the mammoth blog entry but I couldn't post anything sooner as I was waiting for Rob to finish his short entry. I don't think he will be doing a guest post again but I love the one he has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails