Friday 25 September 2020

Day 191 - CCF

Another week has gone and still nothing really to report here.  Boris put in some new restrictions for the next 6 months, pubs have to shut at 10pm, need to work from home if you can,  can't meet up with more than 6 people at any time and that includes children and indoor sports.  Thankfully it hasn't really affected us that much other than as a family we can't go and see Mum and Dad, or meet up with any other family for that matter.  Not sure what we are going to do for Christmas!  Sad for the boys to not see their cousins.

I managed my long run last weekend and got Ellis some boots so that he could go and do his Combined Cadet Force.  He was a bit worried about it, didn't like the trousers and the boots felt weird.  I thought he looked ace.

I dropped him off and went to see my friend Lou for a couple of hours, took something back to Sainsbury's and then went to pick him up.  He was buzzing! He came out so happy and said how much fun it all was.  They built dens, learned how to stand, march and hide.  He's looking forward to the next one. 👍


So Covid feels a little bit closer to home as a pupil at Ellis and Leo's school has just tested positive. Luckily they weren't in the same bubble so they can still go to school, although Ellis was sent home today because he has a cold.  He still finished off his lessons at home and he seems to know what he's doing.  We've been here before though so I need to try and keep an eye on him and make sure he really does know what he's doing and that he's doing it!

Mother-in-laws physio appointment went well this week although she wasn't as confident and I think that's going to take time to build up again.  It's so tricky seeing someone's potential if only they did the work.  Fingers crossed she will practice and get stronger.

I'm thinking about booking some things up for in the future, something to look forward to.  I've just booked a theatre trip, which isn't until October next year but still, I'm looking forward to it.  We also have Jimmy Carr which was moved and Billionaire Boy next year. 🤞 Also planning on an adult only weekend maybe, a small holiday in the half term and just some stuff like that.

Don't know why I can't finish my bucket list.  Maybe because if I finish it then I have to start it and I'm putting it off for whatever reason. 🤷

On Sunday, Ellis and Rob managed to have their first Nandos! I was so happy for them as it's been a long time coming.  I suspect that will become a regular thing for them on a Sunday after rugby.  I could take the other two with me after theirs this week 👏


The Hello Fresh meals are still going well, even though it's only me doing them now.  I've been trying to get the boys to eat a little bit healthier too.  It's easier with Oscar, Leo is very tricky and is just very stuck in his ways.  As for me, I'm eating baby poo.  It looks gross I know but I love it.  Thick carrot and coriander soup.



Planning on a long run in the morning but my leg is a little sore.  I should go and see a physio really.  I think it's the ITB which runs down the side of your leg.  I will try and do some exercises to help ease the pain and maybe drug myself up a bit.

Shauna is doing really well at settling into her new home.  I'm so pleased it is working out, so far.  You never quite know with Shauna what the day will bring.  Lucy had an update today filling her in on all the lovely things that she is getting to do/make.  Lucy and Craig have even had a Skype call with her which worked out much better than they thought it would. 😍 The college certainly still has a lot of learning to do but it's still early days.


 Still struggling to get Leo up and ready for school.  He is trying so hard and doing quite well but this week he forgot his rugby boots and jumper which were actually on top of his bag!  I'm going to do a laminated list this weekend and see if that helps him to stay focused.  He's happy at school though and enjoying all his lessons so far.  He particularly likes French and Spanish and is practicing with us all the time.  I say us, I mean Rob.  He wants to be fluent at Spanish by this time next year.


I still haven't found a car yet but I'm going to go on a mission over the next couple of days and see if I can pick one.  Will be such a relief to get that sorted out.  I've really enjoyed having my Mum's AMG SLK where the roof comes down too.  We've been lucky to have the right weather to use it and me and the kids have enjoyed the novelty.

Still having trouble with sleep, although I slept through last night which was great.  I think it helps to get an early night, which I intend to do tonight.  Rob is watching the rugby and the boys are all chilling currently.  I'm going to go and watch a film with Oscar for a bit before getting the others to bed.


Hope everyone is well and keeping safe.  It's hard sometimes to remember that it is all still going on all around the globe.  It's not until I see someone with a mask on that I'm jolted by the memory of what we are currently living through, and we are the lucky ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails