Wednesday 2 September 2020

Day 168 - Feeling it!

I've realised that I want to write this blog for me, not for anyone else.  So if it is boring, repetitive and mundane then so be it.  I'm also not going to do daily blogs just because I feel the need to follow the routine I've always done on here.  It's for me at the end of the day and maybe the boys if they one day want to look back at it.


Recording the mundane is actually not a negative as I've realised it makes you cherish and notice all the other things that aren't.  I need to notice more and be in my head less.  I know how I'm supposed to do that but it takes practice and patience and I've been too busy, in my head, to do it properly.  I do try, I start, but then I stop.  I need to be more consistent, which you think I wouldn't struggle with seeing as I like routines and structure, but it's obviously something I don't find easy so give up quickly.


Life is moving along here,  still no closer to getting a car.  I phoned about one yesterday but it had already been sold so back to square one.  So far it hasn't caused any issues but when the boys go back to rugby at 2 different clubs, it's going to be very difficult and that starts this weekend!  Actually thinking about it, their training is at different times so should be able to do both 👍


I've enjoyed taking a break from the blog.  My evenings really have been freed up.  I don't game anymore, I'm not watching anything in particular and I haven't really got into my book yet.  I've just been concentrating on getting the boys organised, back into some good bedtime routines and pottering.  I like a good potter.


Yesterday saw Ellis returning to school.  He was a little anxious, although he'll try and convince you otherwise, but was very excited and him and Leo talked about the differences at school on the way down.  I've taken them to school the last 2 mornings which has worked great and it's nice to be able to have a little chat with them without any screen distractions.



Oscar's turn tomorrow and although excited about seeing his friends, he doesn't want to do any work.  I can understand that.

Before


After


Getting up at 6:30am to help Leo get ready and make sure he has everything has been a killer this week.  I didn't think it would bother me that much, but I suppose I'm getting up an hour earlier and going to bed in the early hours so I'm getting less sleep, and I am feeling it! 


So the last 2 nights I've been getting in bed early and switching everything off to try and catch up.  It hasn't helped yet but here I am again before 10:30pm about to switch off so hopefully tomorrow I'll wake up as fresh as a daisy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails