Friday 18 September 2020

Day 184 - Grandma

So it's been a while, even though it only feels like a couple of days.  The week has just flown by and I find myself on a Friday evening again looking forward to the weekend.

We have all settled into the new routines now although nothing has really changed for Rob.  He's still doing the same days in the office and working from home on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Monday was Grandma's birthday.  Think she was 92!  I had arranged for a card and a bottle of champagne to be delivered to her, at her request I might add, and I was sent this picture of her enjoying a glass of bubbles.

She lives with her youngest son and daughter but was lucky enough to have a visit from her 2 other sons too!  Her eldest son Virgil sadly died a few years ago.

Uncle Roger, Auntie Kris, Uncle Robin, Grandma and Dad.  I love pictures like this. 💙

Monday morning I went to see the in-laws with my laptop in tow as MIL was supposed to have an online physio appointment.  I waited and waited and nothing happened.  I eventually received a phone call from the medical centre saying they would send me a link on my phone.  The video call was very small and quiet on my phone unfortunately so I had to tell MIL everything the lady was saying as she couldn't hear her.

She did really well and managed to do all the exercises and it was great to see some colour in her cheeks and a smile on her face.  She needs lots of encouragement but think she was pleased with herself by the end.

It was agreed that we would do the same thing every week and I said I would be there to help with the camera and the relaying of information as I could see it would be a nightmare with just the two of them doing it.  Also MIL needs to be kept safe when doing the exercises, which unfortunately we learnt the hard way this week, as on trying to get up from her chair she grabbed the wrong support frame which moved and she ended up falling onto the floor quite badly.  She hurt her arm and knee.  I managed to get her back on the chair and supported her until she felt calmer and safe to move.  It was quite a shock for all of us but obviously harder for her to deal with.  I just hope it doesn't put her off for next week. 🤞

Ah this time last year I was in Marbella with the Mummy Lot celebrating mine and Sally's 40th.  It was one of the best times in my life!  I'm going to have to do a separate blog entry for it as there are so many photos and videos I would love to share.  To mark the occasion we actually managed to meet up in the local park.  The first time seeing each other face to face since the day before lockdown back in March.  I can't believe it took us that long to get together.  Unfortunately Naomi couldn't make it as she was working and Sarah lives overseas, and is currently stuck there due to bloody Covid.

This photo makes me smile so much 😄

A little bit different but still nice.


 

Leo is a nightmare to get out of the house on time to get his bus.  If I didn't get up with him and nag him he would definitely miss it.  He just wanders off and loses track of time, well actually he doesn't even look at the time.  I quite often find him lying on his beanbag looking at his phone, or sitting on the toilet with his iPad or flopped on the sofa watching TV! I wouldn't mind if he was actually ready to walk out the door, but he's usually not even fully dressed!  It's going to be a while before I can leave him to do it alone, maybe never.😐

Met up with Lucy for a lovely walk this week.  We've been so lucky with the weather.  It's really nice and sunny but the wind is cool.  I love it.  Clear, bright skies but it isn't too hot.  We went for a walk around Kelston and stopped for cuppa on the way back to the car.  It was lovely to hear how Shauna is doing and how it has impacted on all of them.  There is still lost of adjusting to do and I'm sure it still hasn't really sunk in but I really am happy for all of them. 💕





As for bloody Covid it's really kicking off again and we're heading for a second wave.  Our area is very low in comparison to others but still it is worrying.  The virus is now being transmitted within the community and not just hospitals and frontline workers and is spreading fast, especially among the younger age groups.  Thankfully there hasn't been a high rate of deaths and I hope it stays that way.  There are local lockdowns and restrictions but nothing for us yet, but there is lots in the news about some sort of nationwide changes about to happen.  Sounds like schools will still be open 👍 Although if they get a cold they get sent home!  It's going to be a long, long winter.


Oscar is out for a sleepover with his friend Jake.  He was so excited to be going, but also nervous too and I love that he can tell me all about it.  We worked through all the different things that he thought might happen and I did my best to put him at ease.  I hope he doesn't sleep walk with them although it is quite funny, also a bit scary sometimes.


We've just turned Ellis and Leo's lights off and it's gone 11:30pm so late nights for them and a very late night for me too.  I've been going to bed well early recently as I'm having terrible trouble going to sleep, staying asleep and waking up early.  Last night was the first night I slept through and woke up to Leo's alarm.  I also struggled to get up.  I'm not setting an alarm for tomorrow but do plan to get up and go for a long run before taking Ellis to the army surplus shop for some boots.  He's starting his cadet training tomorrow.  Poor love, he has so much on!  Good to keep him busy I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails