Friday 14 January 2011

Pantomime

Not a lot really going on around here at the moment. We are just trying to get back to the usual routine after the Christmas break and my head has now adjusted to getting ready for baby to arrive.

I've been wanting to do a lot of nesting but physically it is taking its toll and I just need to be a bit careful not to over do it. I also need to start making lists of things I need to get sorted before baba arrives as I'm really forgetful and I also have so much other stuff to remember.

Tuesday 4th January we had Mummy afternoon here and everyone came which was really nice as we hadn't seen each other for a while. We managed to have little chats while sorting out scraps over toys and stopping the little ones from eating stuff they shouldn't. It is quite manic with 4 adults and 8 children under the age of 3 1/2.

The 5th was Ellis' first day back at school and he was a bit reserved queueing up to go in. Normally he is running around, throwing his things and getting quite excited but he just stood next to me in the queue waiting to get in.

On the 6th, Ellis started up his swimming lessons again. Being the first session of the term there were a lot of new kids and also another teacher in the pool as they had increased the class size to 10! Some of the new ones were screaming and kicking and it was quite upsetting for the ones that are usually ok. Two of the girls from Ellis' original class got really upset and wouldn't get in. It was really sad to watch as they were all doing so well last term in their little group. I just hope this one settles down.

Next stop was the doctors for my flu jab and Ellis' booster jabs for school. I had booked them for the same time so that Ellis could watch me get mine done and then have his. The nurse ended up standing in his line of sight so he didn't see anything. His turn, he sat on my lap and I had to hold him down. The first one went in and he was a bit shocked and his bottom lip came out a bit but he was very brave, didn't cry or make any fuss, just turned around and had the other one done. He was brilliant and I was so proud of him. He received a sticker but wasn't that bothered and gave it to Leo.

Friday Ellis was at school again and Leo and I just relaxed at home. Ellis came out with a biscuit he had made which looked like a traffic light. It was really good and tasted good too.



Saturday 8th I decided that we should start going swimming as a family, at least until Baby Ben arrives as I think the exercise would be good for me and it's brilliant for Leo as he loves it!

We were allowed straight in the pool and it wasn't too busy which was nice. Leo was a little uncertain to start with but I had put the bigger arm bands on him and he was soon floating around on his own. He really likes jumping in too which is brilliant fun. Ellis is still quite reserved, even though he has been having swimming lessons. I think it is just good for him to have a play at the pool but we did try and get him to show us what he has been learning. He didn't want to do that for long though. He is certainly getting better at being splashed. He still hates it but doesn't cry or get upset by it now which is great. Leo on the other hand is an underwater baby and just keeps jumping off the steps and trying to drown himself.

Sunday 9th January was the day we went to the pantomime with Ellis. We decided to only take Ellis as my lap is diminishing, it would be a late-ish night and I just thought it would be easier and more enjoyable without Leo. I felt so guilty though on the day as I thought we should really be going as a family. I didn't dwell on it too long.

Grandad Rennolds came over to look after Leo which was great, thanks Dad. Leo wasn't bothered that we were leaving one little bit. His arms were tight around Grandad's neck as we left the house.

We parked up and walked the short distance to the theatre with Ellis chatting away as usual. It was actually quite nice just being the 3 of us again. We arrived a little early so we all went to the toilet first before finding our seats in the second row, half way along. They were in an excellent spot. I was quite surprised that the theatre wasn't full though. In the audience were Nasty Nick and Dot Cotton from Eastenders. Everyone was crowding around them, taking pictures, asking for autographs, it was really quite strange.



Ellis is copying Daddy.

There was a family sat in front of us and they all had these flourescent swords, bands, wands etc and the lady kindly let Ellis have a ring which was blue. He loved it and kept hold of it for the whole show.

The show started and Ellis just stared wide eyed for ages. It was quite long and by the time the interlude had arrived Ellis was asking if it was finished yet.

The second half was quite long too as they showed a 3D movie which Ellis really enjoyed and then wouldn't take his glasses off, and they said all their thank you's and good bye's to everyone as it was the very last show.





It was really good and I really enjoyed it apart from the part when Barbara Windsor decided to flash the audience her bum! It was also very strange to see this tiny old lady trying to do twirls etc around the stage in a fairy outfit and was constantly messing up her lines. Maybe she had been having a drink or two back stage to celebrate.

We got home 4 1/2 hours after we had left. Dad stayed for a cuppa and then he went home. We then struggled to get an over tired Ellis into bed. Actually we struggled to just get him into his pyjamas! We finally managed it but he didn't go to sleep until gone 9pm.

Monday 10th, Leo and I popped to see Sophie, Maggie and Ted for a quick chat before going home for lunch and then picking Ellis up.

In the evening I watched One Born Every Minute which is a show about babies being born in a local hospital. I love it!

The next day I had wanted to take the boys swimming in the afternoon but decided that they had only just gone on Saturday and Ellis would soon be going to his lesson so instead I used the time to go shopping for some things off the baby list.

Ellis fell asleep in the car and when I tried to wake him up he wasn't happy about it so he ended up going in the buggy with Leo which actually worked out really well as I didn't have to have eyes in the back of my head and I could just whiz round and get what I needed.

I bought a mattress for the crib, some rompers, pyjamas for Leo, nappies, maternity pads, a new changing mat, some arnica, wipes, and a few other bits. Nothing that exciting really.

In the evening I had to go to a committee meeting for Ellis' pre-school. It didn't go on too long but by the time I had finished chatting to Helen who gave me a lift, it was gone 11pm! That should be the last meeting as I will now be going to Active Birthing classes on a Tuesday.

Thursday's swimming lesson was a little bit better. The kids that were struggling were taken away to play on the steps with one teacher and the other took the lesson. The 2 girls that didn't get in the week before didn't get in again because they didn't like the new teacher. It's unsettled them and I don't know how they can get around it. One of the girls just runs off while the other one is so upset she pukes in the pool!

Ellis had a good lesson though and came out exhausted. In the cafe after he really played up and when I got home he was still being really, really naughty and I couldn't stop him so put him back in the car and went up Nanny & Grandad Rennolds' house. Needless to say he was zonked and slept for ages and ages. I let him sleep as I didn't want a repeat of how he was being before the nap, even if it meant I would have trouble getting him to bed later on.

Leo played and I had a cuppa, did the crossword and chilled out. Then I eventually woke Ellis up, but very slowly and he stayed quiet on the sofa while Kamron and Chloe played on the Wii. He was so good for the rest of the evening. He ate all his dinner, was polite, played nicely was good fun at bath time and just generally a pleasure to have around. It was easy and not hard work like it normally is. Mum and Dad both noticed the difference in him as usually when I go up there late afternoon, he is so tired that he just plays up all the time and it can be quite stressful.

We left feeling quite happy and the boys both went to bed with no trouble. I was really surprised about Ellis but he must have just been really tired.

Friday Ellis went to school and Leo and I attended his first Sing & Sign class of the term. It will be his last term and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make his last ever lesson as I will be having/just had a baby. We will see, it might work out fine. It was a very hectic lesson though as Leo was just so excited to be back and he kept running off, climbing on chairs, trying to switch off the music player etc and it was tiring. I tried to pin him down which was sort of successful but it was also very hot and I couldn't wait to get out.

I zoomed home, put Leo to bed, spent an hour on the computer then had an hour snooze myself.

Friday evening we all just chilled out after a busy week. Excuse the fuzzy hair but when it rains and I have to go out in it, this is the result!




Planning on going swimming again tomorrow but no plans for Sunday. I wonder what the weekend will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails