Monday 3 January 2011

New Years Eve 2010

The following day was Sunday and not officially Boxing Day. Not sure why now but Boxing Day was on the Monday. I didn't believe it until I checked in my diary.

I was totally exhausted from the day before. Physically and mentally I was just done and really struggled all day.

We were running late as always and we didn't get to Nanny & Grandad Georges' house until about 11 ish.

It was really silly of me to ask them to bring all the presents up the day before as the boys struggled a bit to find things to do.

Rob and Uncle Dave went out for a bit to buy a new TV for Grandad so they watched that for a little bit before lunch.



Lunch.


We stayed a little while longer but then Leo was getting very tired so we had to leave so he could sleep in the car.

Our next stop was Nanny & Grandad Rennolds' house, where Auntie Katie and Uncle Craig would be with their families.

Both the boys had a little sleep but it was soon time for more present opening.





Then we had some more food.


Then it was just play time until bed.







The boys went to sleep okay. Leo was fine in a travel cot and Ellis and Chloe eventually went to bed at 8:30pm. They were so cute snuggled together. Ellis was taking up 3/4 of the bed and Chloe was hanging off the edge. It looked like Rob and I! Really funny.

The adults, well most of them got to be play a few games while Kate sat with Kamron who wasn't quite ready for a sleep. Then when he dropped off, we all sat and played Cranium. It is my favourite game ever and it works really well with lots of people. It was boys V girls and they won unfortunately as they were very lucky with the dice. I should have taken some videos and stuff but like I said, I wasn't really with it and very tired and just didn't really think of it.

Around midnight we had to put the boys in the car. It was freezing out so Rob warmed the car up a bit and we loaded up the boot and then I put the boys in. Leo was sound asleep but by the time I got him to the car he was wide awake and didn't go back to sleep until he was back in his bed.

Ellis woke up straight away but did fall asleep on our way home. We put him on the loo and then in bed and he was fine. It was just a shame to have moved them as they were all warm and cosy in their beds. Maybe next year, if we do the same that is, we could just stay at Mum and Dad's although there will be an extra one by then! Still haven't got my head around that one yet.

The following day I was done. I mean I couldn't even get out of bed and thanks to hubby I didn't. All day I stayed upstairs. I hardly had anything to eat or drink and pretty much slept the whole time. I thought on a few occasions I should use this time to read or go on my computer but I just ended up going back to sleep.

I really missed seeing my boys that day but the following morning I was up doing the early shift. I probably could have done with another day of taking it easy really.

I was 29 weeks pregnant the day before so we took my bump picture a little bit late but it doesn't really matter.



We really didn't do much over the following few days. Rob messed around with the car a lot with his brother and I spent the time trying to sort out the toys etc. I still wasn't feeling well so I just took things very slowly, not that I had any choice anyway.

Thursday 30th we went to my Mum and Dad's for the evening and we played cards until late again. The boys were fast asleep and this time we stayed over which made it a lot easier and nicer. I lost the cards really badly and I was sulking. I was grumpy anyway from feeling so rotten for so long but it was made worse by the fact that my husband thought it would be funny to keep a card on purpose that he knew I really needed. I couldn't have won or even come close but at least I could have played a bit. It was rather mean of him and he spent a while trying to get me to laugh about it but it wasn't going to happen. Needless to say we eventually made up.

New Years Eve I was in bed by 10:30pm as I just really needed to sleep. Luckily Rob's brother was here so they stayed up watching comedy programmes until just after midnight. The local fireworks woke me up for a bit but Leo and Ellis didn't even stir.

I can't for the life of me think what we did for the few days before Rob went back to work. I think we went out but can't really remember. I didn't take any photos or videos but I do know I have some on my camera to put on the PC which I will just post some time as I'm not really sure when they were taken. As you can tell I'm not really fully with it at this moment in time.

Will do another entry soon with an update on baby and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails