Sunday 8 January 2012

The Salute

Oscar walked with the walker for the first time and I missed it!  I didn't manage to get it on video either but Ellis was the first one to see him do it, then Rob saw too.  I'm gutted I missed it but I'm sure I'll see it loads over the next few weeks.  Not the same as seeing the first time though.


After lunch we went out to the outdoor ice skating rink which was actually closing the following day so we timed it pretty well ;o)  The boys took it in turns going on the ice with Daddy pushing them around on the seal.  At the end though Ellis had a go on his own and seemed to enjoy it.

This is all the pictures and videos I got on the day.  I must explain Leo's new pose.  Recently he was sat on the toilet and he pointed to his bubble bath that he got for Christmas and said, "it goes like this"  and did this pose.



This is what the bottle looks like.  One of the cutest things he has ever done!


Back to the pictures and videos.

Waiting to go on.

Daddy doing "the" pose.




Waiting his turn.






1st go on his own, didn't last long.


Loving it!

Doing "the" pose.
 




2nd time, he loved it!

Blurry smile but I think you can see his happiness.



My big boy.

Oscar and I were rather cold and bored though, so about 5 minutes before the end I got them to come off.  I'm glad I did as the queue to take skates back etc was huge!


We went in doors to the big shops so that we could have a McDonalds.  The boys really wanted a milkshake but Daddy forgot to get them!  Ah well, we went back later after looking around a few shops and a toilet break, and grabbed them one each.




Back at home we got warm and snuggle and read The Iron Man to Ellis in bed.  He fell asleep with his head resting on my chest.  It was so cute!

We made a bit of mistake with the Iron Man thing.  We started reading the story to him and he said he was really enjoying it, even pointing out things when I didn't even think he was listening.  For example there is a line that says the iron man could be seen in the blue evening sky and Ellis asked what he was doing up in the sky!

Since reading it though he has started having nightmares and no longer goes to the toilet on his own, is afraid of the dark and carries his toy rabbit around with him.  We are hoping in time that it will pass.

Sunday we went to the pantomime.  It didn't start until 5pm so we dropped Leo and Oscar off with Sophie before going into town.  I was pretty sure that thing would run like clock work.  Oscar had had a good nap so shouldn't be too crabby, he had plenty of food and Leo just loves it with Sophie so thought he would be okay.  I was wrong.

I'll go back to that.  So we parked up, Ellis put his new ruck sack on, filled with goodies and we walked to the theatre.  We found our seats, we were in Row 2, right on the outside aisle so thought we would have a good chance of getting Ellis picked to go on the stage but unfortunately 2 boys in the front row got picked instead.  Maybe next year.





We ate sweets, shook our glow sticks, booed, hissed, clapped and had a lovely time. Ellis has been watching the Cbeebies panto over and over and over again so he was all clued up as to what to do at the right moment. I can't wait until we are all going as a family.  I have such fond memories of doing it as a kid with my parents.


During the show Sophie had messaged me to say that Oscar wouldn't eat the food I had given her so did I have any suggestions.  I said to give him his puff crisps things, a banana and his fruit and to basically try and fill him up that way.  Anyway, he remained hungry and moody so she gave him is evening milk bottle which he finished and was still unhappy, so she decided to take them back home a little bit earlier than planned.  Then back at our house she couldn't find the bottles or milk.  I hadn't planned on him needing any extra milk etc so it was all put away.  Sophie was messaging me asking for help as she had a screaming baby on her hands and I was trying to message her back, in the second row where you can make eye contact with the actors, trying not to be seen so that I didn't get heckled.  She eventually got it all sorted but from what I can tell it was very chaotic and pretty stressful.  I felt really bad for her but I had planned it all so well too.  Bit annoyed too as she will never want to look after them again! ;o)

We got back around 8 o'clock and put Ellis to bed, chatted to Sophie a little bit before she went home to eat dinner with her hubby.

A fun filled weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails