Tuesday 6 December 2011

Bah humbug!

Didn't have too bad a night last night. Oscar woke at 10:30pm and I tried to settle him but it didn't work. I sent Rob up and he seemed to manage it for the first time. We waited and didn't hear anything more from him until Rob's alarm went off at 6:10am! Leo woke once for a wee at 00:40. I know it's this time because I got back into bed and checked what time it was. I felt like I had been asleep for ages and I didn't believe that that was the time. I even woke Rob up to check that it was indeed only 12:40am! Get in!

The day started so well, but it didn't end so good. We had a chilled out day at home, picked Ellis up and then went straight to Nanny and Grandad Rennolds house for dinner. Leo wouldn't eat, Oscar and Ellis ate loads, as did I, we had fun then loaded them into the car, a bit later than normal as we were watching some videos I had had converted. (More on that later).

Dadio

Cousin Kamron

Me!


Leo nodded off, shortly after saying he was hungry. This could mean that he was indeed hungry or that he was about to be sick. Anyway, he woke up suddenly and started groaning and I just knew what it was. I asked him if he was going to be sick and he said yes. Eeek! There was no where to stop and I wouldn't of had time anyway. 3 large vomits later, 1 of which reached me and my stirring wheel, I finally made it to a garage forecourt. I got him out of his seat and stood him on his blanket, stripped him, wet wiped him down and got him dressed in his spare clothes as quickly as I could. He was freezing and shaking so hard. He tried to tell me he was freezing but he was shaking too hard to speak! I wrapped him up, sat him on the tailgate of the car and tried as best as I could to clean up his car seat. It was a mess. His seat was reclined when he vomited so it landed on him, then ran down the sides and all over the car seat, lush!


I called Mum and Dad just to let them know what had happened, which was probably a cry for help really, but I managed to sort it out, get home, and put all the boys to bed before Mum and Dad did indeed turn up at my front door. We all then went to work, cleaning, clearing, stripping, sorting out washing and disinfecting as much as we could. Thank you so much for you help xxx

No more sick was to be had and the last few days have been very tiring, draining and hard. Leo has suffered and is now on antibiotics after a trip to see the out of hours doctor on the weekend. His temperature hit 40.7 last night so I went out to pick up his drugs for him. He has been a lot better today and hopefully even better in the morning. He doesn't like taking the antibiotics but we have to finish the course. Poor love.







At night he has been getting cold and very sweaty so we have had him in with us. He doesn't fidget too much actually and has been sleeping but I on the other hand, haven't. I keep waking to check his breathing and temperature and to try and get him drinking some fluids. I'm hoping tonight he will stay in his own bed.



Illness has really hit our household since mid October really. It's taking its toll. Leo has been sick on 3 different occasions, Oscar is having coughs and colds and Ellis who is never ill seems to have a constant runny nose and tickly cough. I checked his temperature today and it was up slightly. Fingers crossed it clears everyone by Christmas Day but it hasn't for the last few years.



Looking at the beep machine.

I think Ellis is more ill because of being at school. He has already had one day off because he had a sick bug, which Leo and I then had. He asked tonight to not go tomorrow as he isn't feeling well. I really do need a break though. It's been rather demanding.


Speaking of Ellis, the other day he grabbed my very large pad of sticky notes and used them to make various pieces of "art".  Here are pictures of what he made.

Farmer sat in his tractor.

He wrote a book.

Front cover. "Ellis read a hard book"

Map, obviously.

I like Daddy

Oscar has been ace at night for the last 3 nights now, which has been quite handy as I've been up with Leo. He slept through the first 2 nights then went to 4:50am on the 3rd night. And would you believe it but he has finally taken a bottle. The first 3 bottles had breast milk in which I managed to express because he had slept through, and then the next 2 bottles have been formula. He only takes about 5/6fl oz though which isn't that much. Fingers crossed he goes through again tonight. PLEASE!







Oscar is increasing his mobility by the hour it would seem. Today he managed to climb out of the play room. It's basically quite a large step up from the conservatory into the living room and up until now I could leave him safe in there while I took Leo to the toilet etc. But today we were upstairs and Leo said "what's that noise Mummy?". It totally freaked me out as I didn't know for a second, but there he was sat at the bottom of the stairs grinning up at us. Cutie pie.







I spent some time today with Oscar just chilling out, watching him crawl, climb and pull himself up. Now I'm in trouble!





I've 99% finished my Christmas shopping! Hurrah! I have one bit to get for my Dad and that's it. I then have to wrap it all! Tons of it. Plus the Christmas cards are going to take me hours. Wish I could just have a few elves to do it for me.

Ellis stocking gifts.

The boys stuff.

Oscar stocking stuff.

Leo stocking gifts.

Oscar under the tree gifts.

Leo under the tree gifts.

Ellis under the tree gifts.
The boys were very excited to open their advent calendars this year, although I've been saving Leo's chocolates as he isn't interested in food at the moment. Ellis keeps asking to open the next one!


Letter to Santa.
We put the tree up at the weekend. I used to love doing it. We would put music on, sing, dance, mess around, get excited and enjoy the moment. Now we moan and fuss about the music, I get mad at the tree for scratching me when I'm opening the branches, Rob gets arsey with me when we put the lights on and I never think they look good enough so he walks off and leaves me to it, the kids get bored and it just generally takes hours and isn't fun. Bah humbug!







That afternoon I decided we all needed to go out, so we wrapped up warm and went for a lovely walk where we ended up in the park.  It was pitch black and I've made the pictures as bright as I could.  We let the boys have a quick go in the park before going home.












I went out Friday night to a ladies night thing. Kate picked me up and I eventually decided what to wear and we got there on time. They had loads of stalls selling different things, someone doing henna tattoos, someone did waxing, someone else sold sweets and reserves, someone else sold trinkets etc etc. There was wine too, which I fully enjoyed and had a right laugh with my sister. Thanks for coming with me x

Recently I found some Hi8 tapes from our old camcorder and I sent them off to be converted to DVD. I've spent a bit of time watching them and they are great! It's been brilliant looking back at our honeymoon (cringe!), houses we used to live in, my Dad's 50th birthday party (embarrassing!) and the day we got engaged. We seemed so young and fresh back then, compared to the stresses and strains we have today. Not that we aren't happy, but just have a lot more responsibility then back then. More grown up I suppose. I would try and put them on here but I'm having trouble working it all out, and Rob is too bogged down with work to help me right now.

Here are some other pictures and videos from the last few days.













I've slowly been selling my baby things. I'm really sad about it but then if we were to have another baba I could get it all again. I wouldn't need as much anyway and second hand stuff is easy to come by. Plus most of the things I'm selling are well loved as they have been used by 3 babies now so could of done with replacing anyway. :o)

Think pink would suit Rob!?
It's taken me a while to write this entry and there was so much more I wanted to write about but I think that will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails