Monday 28 February 2011

Castle

Here I am at 36 weeks pregnant. As I type this though I am actually 38 weeks now! That's how far I'm behind again. I suppose I should stop mentioning the fact that I'm behind as I'm pretty sure that is how things will be from now on and I will just blog as and when I can.


So this is me at 38 weeks.


The baby is still in a breech position and I'm off to the hospital tomorrow to hopefully get him turned around. Not looking forward to it at all. Other than that though I'm feeling really good. I waddle from the weight but I'm not having lots of pain or anything which is great. Bloating is still an issue and my legs and feet generally look like this all day.


Last week was half term and I was sort of dreading it but it ended up being a great week. Ellis was still on top form although a little hyper on some days but that might have been bordom or the fact that we were doing different things.

On Monday I took them to the airport to watch the planes take off and land. Unfortunately the weather was rubbish so we didn't get to see that much but we arrived at a good time and got to see lots.



On the way back around the runway we stopped to see some horses and sheep and it wasn't too long before arrived at Nanny and Grandad Rennolds' house for lunch.


We had lunch and messed around before going home to make some fairy cakes. Leo crashed out on the way back as he hadn't had his nap.



Here is a little clip of Leo giving his new baby brother a little bit of love, bless.




Tuesday morning Sally came over with William to watch the boys for me so that I could go to my last antenatal class. It was all about bringing the baby home. I felt that it started rather slowly and covered lots of things that we had already talked about but the end was quite good. Pretty sure first time parents wouldn't have got much from it though.

I came home and stuffed lunch into the boys before going to meet Mum at Costco. I love going there but I always seem to buy stuff I don't actually need, like a Toy Story bag for Ellis to take on a plane that won't happen, and I spend a lot of money on very little. It's good fun though and the boys always have a lovely time running around.


We got home quite late and the boys chilled out while I put stuff away and put dinner on.



I'm not totally sure what I did on Wednesday. Not a lot apparently. Ah that's right I had a pyjama day and so did the boys. We didn't get dressed and just played around the house.

Thursday morning we went to do some food shopping and to pick up some birthday cards and gifts which needed sending off.

Then it was Ellis' swimming lesson and then after that we popped into a local pub where Mum was meeting are Ange. We stayed for a drink and the boys ate their snacks and then we went home to make some fairy cakes. It had been a non stop day!

In the evening my Mummy friends came over for takeaway curry. It was lush. We all sat around eating and chatting until quite late. Probably be the last time now until baba arrives.

I had originally arranged to meet up with Jaidan on Thursday to go to the zoo but it was pointed out to me by a friend on Facebook that I was going to be missing Ellis' swimming lesson. So instead of going to the zoo we met at a church which had a play area for the kids and a little cafe serving food, cake and drinks.

At breakfast time Leo showed me how he can pull himself up on to the bar stools, all by himself! So I let him eat his breakfast sat next to his brother. It didn't last long though and he was soon back in his high chair, but he loves the novelty of it and now climbs up and down just to show you he can do it!



The church was really good fun and it wore the kids out. We ate lunch there and left shortly after so that I could get home to put Leo to bed.

While Leo was in bed Ellis and I decorated his fairy cakes. They were yummy but I forgot to take a picture. Probably because I ate them so fast.

Rob was home in the afternoon and then we had a friend over to view our old car. They liked it and said they would have it. Yay! Car sold on first viewing.

Saturday was great! I had a lie in then got up and had some lunch then left to meet my Mum at the park and ride. We were going into town for an afternoon in the spa! So excited!

We got the bus into town.



Then we were there very early so decided to go into BHS for a cuppa and slab of cake. Mum's mug was as big as her head!



We jumped the queue as we had treatments booked and got changed into our costumes and put on our robes.




It was so funny and we were already having lots of fun.

First stop was the heated outdoor pool where we just sat in the bubbles enjoying the sun on our faces the breeze and just taking the weight off our bones.

Then we did the steam rooms and foot baths followed by the lazy river pool where you float around. It was hilarious! Mum got me to lie on my back and she pulled me around by my head. It was funny because I kept sinking and the jets of water pushed you all over the place so we were banging into everyone. It was really funny.

Mum's treatment started before mine so I sat in the bubbles for 10 minutes while she had her body massage. It was then my turn. I had to fill a form in to say that I was well and healthy etc and then I was taken down into a round room with a pool in. It was so pretty and tranquil. I was having a Watsu which you can see here.

Cerah was the girl who did it and she was very nice. We had a quick chat and then she put some floats around my calves and thighs. I took a few deep breathes with my eyes closed and she scooped me up and started to float me around. It was really relaxing. I loved it when she worked on pressure points. Would recommend it and I didn't once feel silly. Well actually the only time I did was at the end. She propped me up on a wall just hanging in the water and I didn't know if I was supposed to open my eyes or not so I just stayed there. As it happened she came over after a few minutes and said "OK? just take your time and have a minute before following me out of the pool".

Mum and I met in the rest area where I got snuggled under a lovely fleece blanket. I forgot to mention that I slipped over in the spa and ended up falling into a wall. I did hurt myself and now that I was out of the pool I could feel all the aches and pains that I had caused. It was very relaxing though and it was nice to be snuggled and warm.

Mum went for a shower but I didn't want to get wet again so I got changed and then waited for Mum. It didn't take long.

We decided to eat out and wanted to go to Bottolinos which was a bit of a walk away, up hill. We finally made it but they couldn't fit us in so we went back down the hill a bit to ASK which was really nice. We eventually found the right table for us after 3 attempts and ordered our food. I had two strawberry milkshakes, a glass of ice, bruschetta, spaghetti carbonara and some water. Mum had an Appletizer, bruschetta and I think a pasta dish of some sort.




We had a great time at the spa and the food was good too. We walked back to get the park and ride and a bus was waiting for us. Everything had just worked out really well and we agreed to do it all again in a few months, if Rob says we can afford it that is.

The following day we had organised to meet up with Lucy, Craig, Shauna and Ashlee at a castle to have a look around and some lunch.

It didn't take long to get there and although there was a cold wind, if you stood in the sun it was quite nice.

We arrived and eventually found somewhere to park. First stop was the cafe to give the kids their lunch and to buy some for us. Well it was heaving with people and the cafe turned out to be a tea room that served tea, cakes and sandwiches. They were really not prepared for the amount of people and most gave up. We were all rammed into the corner and Jaimie and Angela were there too. So around a little table in the corner was, Ellis, Leo, Ria, Jaimie, Jacob, Angela, Ashlee, Shauna, Rob, Craig and Me. Nappies were changed on laps, kids ate their food messily and we tried to have a cup of tea in all the chaos.

We eventually finished and went outside to have a look around. First stop was to watch the dancers. As you can see in the video the sky looks lovely but the clouds are coming.


As we were watching the heavens opened and we started to get drenched. Leo and I ran to the closest tent and Rob took Ellis to the main entrance. I didn't know that at the time though and didn't like being split up.

The wind picked up too and one of the tents blew over taking people with it! I eventually got back to the cafe just as the rain was stopping and I then saw Rob walk past the window. I joined them and we all then looked around the castle. It did rain on and off and everything and everyone was getting wet and cold. I hadn't eaten either so I was getting cramps and just generally feeling like I wanted to go and get some food.

We had a lovely time though and here are some videos and pictures of the afternoon.



Just before the rain.





Jacob.

Lucy, Angela & Jaimie - Sisters








We decided to make a move and Craig and Lucy came too. We followed them for a bit and we then pulled into a pub for some grub. It was hectic trying to eat with the kids but good that dinner so done so that we could just go home and put them to bed. One less job to do.

There was a little park in the garden of the pub and the kids loved it! Around and around they went, up the steps, across the bridge and down the slide. Leo broke down in tears as we dragged him away. They would have kept going for hours!

Today Ellis went back to school. I had had such a good week with him that I was actually a bit sad and knew I would miss him but he was looking forward to it.

I've had a lazy day really. Blogging a bit, sorted the washing and dishes as always and played with Leo. He is such a crazy, fun kid.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails