Wednesday 2 February 2011

My Boys

Ellis is being a total champ at the moment. He has been getting on better at school and is just being generally in a better mood. He had a bad day today but seriously, I've been in a big time grump for 2 days now, reasons I will explain later, so I was expecting it really.

Monday 24th January, Ellis went to school and Leo and I stayed at home. Auntie Lucy came over for a visit and stayed for lunch too which was really nice.




We picked Ellis up from school and went to the big shops to pick up Baby Ben's mattress and a few other things. I was trying to get Leo a cot bed pillow but they were still sold out.

Ellis was so sleepy that he kept tripping over and hurting himself. I held his hand but he was still falling so I decided to cut the shopping trip short and head home. Of course he promptly fell asleep.


Tuesday is either full with stuff to do or we have nothing on. This week the Sophie and Ted were over in the morning and then for the afternoon we had arranged to meet Sally, Anna and William at the local soft play.

The boys messed around first thing.


Then while Leo was napping I did a ton of ironing and Ellis played with some play dough. He did a really good job of making a little monster.




Sophie and Ted arrived a little later than planned but I was still ironing! I finished it off while chatting away and catching up.

We all sat at the table together for lunch and then not long after clearing up we bundled into the car for the soft play.

Soft play was brilliant. Leo is that little bit older and worked out all the climbing bits and using the slides so he was happy, Ellis and Anna played really well together and the kids had dinner there too so not much to do when we got home. Sally and I just had a sit down and a chat. Sounds lovely and relaxing but you have to get up and down to sort out arguments, stop Leo climbing on chairs and tables, toilet stops, looking for socks, getting drinks and snacks out etc etc. It was worth it though and tired the kids out.


In the evening I went out to my active birthing class. It's more like a counselling session most weeks where we discuss various issues from bra sizes, to tearing, to piles, to husbands, to pretty much anything really. We have chocolate, tea and tissues and we all just chat away about stuff. We do also discuss labour and delivery and coping techniques etc and it just gets you ready for the job ahead, which after today could come sooner rather than later please!

I get home, spend a little bit of time chatting to Rob and then I shower and go to bed. Don't really see him during the week now that I'm out on a Tuesday. That won't be for long though as baby will be here in less than 7 weeks maximum.

Leo is teething. He has been struggling with it and has had a bad cold at the same time so after dropping Ellis off at school, instead of going to Leo's music class we drove to the DVLA office to sort out some paperwork to transfer my private plate on to the new car. Took a couple of minutes and we were on our way home again.

Mum picked Ellis up from school and came back to the house and I took Leo to my midwife appointment. I started out by going to the wrong clinic so had to rush over to the other one where I ended up being 10 minutes late.

Leo was really good and just sat in the buggy watching. I had some blood taken, no problem, but there was a lot of sugar in my wee, so need to get that checked again in a few weeks. She wasn't 100% sure what way the baby was lying but did say she thought he was head down. I'm going to demand a late scan if she can't be more certain. Blood pressure was fine and bump was measured at 33cm which is exactly what it should have been. Phew, so it's just the rest of me that has got massive!

Leo and I met Mum and Ellis at Sainsbury's and Mum took Leo shopping and I got Ellis to his music class.

I did quite a bit of food shopping as Rob hadn't been on the weekend as he left too late because he was working on the car. He did pop out for a few things but it wasn't enough.

I was in a well crabby mood that afternoon. I was sad that Ellis' key worker Lisa was leaving and I was upset by some of the things in my midwife appointment. Just because of my previous c-section I'm treated like cotton wool and I can't stand it! I don't want to be a medical case, but I am so just need to deal with it.

Ellis had a tummy ache that evening and wasn't feeling very well so I did my best to look after him and he just sat in front of the telly.

Ellis was still complaining of being ill the following morning so he didn't end up going to his swimming lesson which is a shame as he did so well the week before. I just hope it doesn't put him off.

We did go up my Mum and Dad's though as usual, but a little bit earlier as the boys were getting their hair cut. I had a little trim too. Ellis was really good and Leo didn't do bad either.

Friday Ellis was back to school but he wasn't too happy about going in. I had stepped inside to talk to one of the ladies about something and he didn't want to leave my side. Not really like him but Carol soon whisked him off and I legged it. He must have been fine as I didn't get a phone call.

Leo and I went to sing and sign and had a really good time. Because he wasn't 100% he spent his time sat on my lap which was great as I didn't have to keep stopping him from turning off the music player, climbing on chairs and going under tables.

He had a lovely long nap in the afternoon and I sorted some things out before waking him up to pick Ellis up again.

Rob arrived home and we usually just chill out in front of the telly as Rob is very sleepy from a long week of commuting and working and Ellis is tired from school etc.


In the evening I was out with my yoga girls at my favourite Italian restaurant. I spent some time sorting myself out and managed to change, put some make-up on and straighten my hair in half an hour. I should of taken a picture really as I was pleased with the result for a change.

I was picked up and spent the night chatting, eating and crunching on ice. I have a huge craving for eating some crushed ice. I had the same with Leo and we had the American freezer that dispensed crushed ice so I just had it all the time. It was a shame though as the last mouthfull of ice contained a shard of glass! We told the manager but he just gave us some 20% off vouchers that have to be used Monday - Thursday and not with their lunch time offer so it wasn't a very good deal really.

We were the last to leave and it was freezing out. Luckily it wasn't long before I was tucked up in bed.

I got to have a lie on Saturday morning which was great as I had had such a late night the night before and sleeping has become a bit of an issue in this house. I either can't sleep because I can't get comfortable or I'm up and down to the boys. It can be one of them, or both during the night and on more than one occasion. Ellis has started to go for a poo in the night which is very strange and Leo because of his teeth needs medicine and a drink. It's a struggle to say the least and getting up the next day is hard.

I slept in until almost lunch time and then after lunch I said to Rob that I would watch the boys and he could go and do some stuff that he wanted to get done. That was the last we saw of him! Leo was really clingy all afternoon and grumpy but Ellis was quite happy watching TV and playing with toys.

I put the boys in the bath and into bed and they were both asleep by 7:05pm. I think that is a record.

Uncle Dave came over to baby sit in the evening and Hubby and I eventually ventured out on our date night at about 8:30pm. We hadn't booked a table and they said there was a wait of 45 minutes! I was starving by this point but we decided to wait. We grabbed a drink and thankfully a couple let us share their table as I needed to sit down.

We were called after about 20 minutes and the food came quickly too as Rob ordered straight away. We had a lovely time and talked about loads of different things. We discussed baby names and I got quite excited about a couple but won't say for now.

Hubby agreed I could have another lie in the following day which I couldn't wait for.

Although the boys had been shattered and were asleep nice and early, they have a terrible nights sleep, and so did we. Rob got up twice and I was up at least 6 times! Then they were up early too so I went downstairs with them at 6:30am as Rob didn't seem to be moving much.

We played for a bit then I gave them their breakfast, made Rob a cuppa and went upstairs to swap with him. I don't think he was that happy about the idea but did get up straight away to join them.

I didn't lie in as late as Saturday as I really wanted to crack on with getting some cleaning done. While Leo was napping I got up and had some breakfast and then Rob and I played pretend picnics with Ellis. It was really nice and I had lots of fun.




Leo woke up and we had lunch and then I started to do the cleaning upstairs. I took me all afternoon and it was hot, tiring work. I was really happy to have got it done though as I felt that I would be happy to bring the baby into our room now but not before. I will have to keep on top of it though.



The following day, Monday, the boys were being very cute together and I managed to capture a bit of it on video and took some pictures too.








For the day I had planned to start work on Ellis' room which is just as disgusting as our room was but I had totally done myself in the day before. This pregnancy thing catches up on you when you don't realise it. I don't ever listen about slowing down as I feel like I'm just being lazy. Anyway, body was starting to say "no" so I didn't so after dropping Ellis off at school I went home to bed and there I stayed until 12:30pm.

I got up had lunch and then woke Leo up in time to pick Ellis up again. It made the day very short but I certainly needed the rest.

In the afternoon we just played around the house and the boys were still playing lovely together.





Tuesday morning Sally and Anna came over to watch the boys as I was attending my first antenatal class. Naomi came to pick me up and we got there nice and early and sat right at the front.

That morning I had woken up with lower back ache but I just put it down to doing too much on the weekend and thought it would pass. I also started to feel a bit bunged up and coldy so wasn't feeling on top of the world.

The class was really good though. It was held by my midwife and I thought she covered a lot and said some good things about positions etc. I must admit I got butterflies on a few occasions but also excited about it all again. There were only a couple of things that I didn't agree with, the major one being that breathing wasn't important and that it would come naturally and you would just know how to breathe through your contractions. Having done it twice now, I know that to not be true. But at least I didn't leave feeling worried for everyone for not being well informed as generally speaking it was good.

Next weeks class is about complications in labour etc so looking forward to that one!

We got home before 12pm, had some lunch and then didn't do much before going out to Naomi and Iestyn's house for Mummy afternoon. Ellis fell asleep rather quickly which was a bit of a pain as I was in a lot of pain and knew I would have to carry him into the house.

We had a lovely time though. Naomi had some lush fairy cakes and I think I had 4, with a yummy cup of tea. Leo played nicely and Ellis didn't really wake up properly before we had to go, which understandably he wasn't too happy about.

After dinner, Rob arrived home and I got in his still running car and left for my active birthing class. I literally said hi, quick kiss and I was off.

I managed to park fine this week and so didn't arrive too stressed out, apart from the being slightly late part.

Again we had a lovely chat about lots of stuff and I felt like I did the most talking but Vivien said that it was all relevant and needed to be said so that was great as it made me feel a bit better and to be honest it's the sort of thing I need to get off my chest in order to prepare myself for the next labour and delivery. I go into more detail on my pregnancy blog about this.

Today, well what can I say. It's just been horrendous from the moment I set foot out of my bed. The pain in my back runs from my left buttock and up into my lower back. It feels like sciatic nerve pain and every step is a huge effort. I quickly realised that it was going to be a struggle to get through the day unless it was to suddenly improve.

I sent a text to Sarah and Naomi to see if they could pick Ellis up for school, which Sarah kindly did for me and I sent an e-mail to Deb the music teacher to say that Leo wouldn't be attending again and then I asked Mum if she could pick Ellis up from school and take him to his music class if I wasn't feeling better.

I put Leo down for his nap then slept in Ellis' bed as the mattress is firmer and I just like it better. It was very hard to get comfy but I managed to get a bit of sleep.

Leo was on great form today. He gave me loads of nice attention and love. He wasn't grumpy even though he is still teething and we just relaxed around the house.

I spoke with my midwife and my physio and they both said that I was doing all the right things but that there was nothing else that could be done apart from some strong pain killers which I wasn't happy to do just yet as they would reach the baby. Basically they said I need to do as little as possible! With 2 young boys and a hubby who works away, it isn't really possible. Thankfully I have great friends and family who are there for me, so thank you guys xxx

Been on the edge all day but made it through. Sat still all evening and typed up this blog which has taken me 2 1/2 hours and is too long to proof read now so will have to wait. Going to watch a little bit of rubbish now before making the painful trip up the stairs to bed. House looks like a bomb has gone off and I can't stand it but nothing I can do about it for now. I just hope the pain eases a bit as I don't know what I will do if it is like this for the next 6 weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails