Sunday 14 November 2010

Spa

Bit of a break as I seem to be running out of time quite quickly in the evenings and it's only going to get worse. I do miss doing my blogging more often but I just can't spare all the time it takes to do.

Nothing major to report really. Nugget is making himself known more and more each day. I can see my belly wobble from the outside now when he is moving around and the boys are both taking an interest. Ellis likes to place his hand on the lump and Leo blows raspberries on it, just like Ellis did when Leo was in there.

Friday night I went out with Vivien and Saskia to a very nice Mediterranean Restaurant where I actually tried new things, which is very unlike me. I had a lovely time but I ate so much I thought I was going to pop! My skin was stretched!

Yesterday Ellis and I went to the cinema with Auntie Lucy and Ashlee to watch something about a dancing mouse. Lucy thought it was a Christmassy film but it just ended up being a few episodes of the TV program. We had a good time though and arranged to go to the cinema again next Sunday, just the adults this time though.

The afternoon was quite boring and Ellis nearly fell asleep so I got Rob to help me wake them up a bit. We did some dancing and then the boys had rides up and down the living room on my office chair. They were holding hands and it was so cute.




Today was brilliant! I had the early shift which went really well and I had lots of fun playing with my babies until I had to go out to meet up with Mum at the spa.

Mum had bought me a voucher for my birthday back in May and it was due to run out at the end of November so we booked it up and met up. Mum got a little bit lost getting there but we were still on time.

When we entered and tried to check in we were told to sit down and she would come and see to us next. 2 seconds later we were hurried upstairs to our treatments, without receiving our gowns and flip flops. We did get our stuff before the actual treatments started but we didn't get changed until after.

Mum stayed upstairs and went for her back massage and I went back downstairs to a little room under the stairs.

I got changed and laid on the bed and asked to have my head raised as all the blood was rushing to my head and I felt uncomfortable. A few adjustments later and the lady started my facial. Shortly after I heard loads of thudding coming from above. Then there was loud music and an aerobics instructor barking out orders! This continued for the entire time I was getting my face done. It was really bad but luckily I was just so happy to be being pampered that I didn't care and just tried to see the funny side of it. The thudding carried on for a whole hour and I would have been shattered in that class!

Nugget wriggled and moved around the entire time I was laid down. It was so nice to just enjoy the movements without being jumped on by an 18 month old.

The facial was nice, not great and the lady kept telling me what she couldn't do to me because I am pregnant. She couldn't use oils, couldn't do my neck, hand, arm or scalp massage so she said she would do my nails instead. Great I thought but it turned out to be a 3 minute rushed job that just got screwed up when I had to suddenly then get dressed and out of the room.

I met up with Mum who had been waiting 20 minutes for me. She was supposed to have had an hour massage followed by 15 minutes scalp massage but that didn't happen. Luckily we just had a laugh about it instead which was great fun.

We then went down to the cafe in our robes for a cup of tea/coffee. It was so funny to be sitting in what was basically a cafe of a leisure centre but we didn't get any strange looks.


We continued to have a giggle and then went for a swim. The pool was freezing! My new costume fit fine and after a few lengths we got out and went straight into the jacuzzi. I didn't stay in there long as your not supposed to while pregnant. It wasn't too hot anyway.

We showered and dressed and met up in the cafe again for a quick drink and a read. We were starving after so very quickly decided to go to our favourite Italian restaurant.

It was really quiet and we took our time ordering, eating and paying. We had a really nice time just chatting and laughing away. I felt amazing. Just the freedom of not having to stuff my face or having to pick things up from the floor constantly or trying to get the boys to eat or behave was just the best. I missed them loads but not enough to rush home and thankfully Rob had sent me a text to say not to rush home which really put me at ease.



Both Mum and I waddled out of the restaurant 2 hours later and went to Sainsbury's for a few bits before going our separate ways.

Back at home I knew I wanted to get the boys out of the house for a bit but it was getting dark. I quickly decided to just go for a quick walk around the block and Rob helped me to get them dressed and ready.

It was really cold out but they were wrapped nice. Ellis and I talked for the entire time we were out. That boy can talk! We did stop in the park but there were a lot of teens in there just smoking and snogging so it was a very quick stop.

We took the long route back home to have our dinner. I didn't have anything as I ate a huge lunch.

Ellis went to bed tonight with his new clock which will tell him if it is night or morning and it also acts as a night light so hopefully fingers crossed it will work. The last 3 nights have been fine though and he has only been coming into us after Leo has been waking up at about 6:30am. Can't complain really. The only problem is Rob getting up at stupid o'clock tomorrow. He better not snooze his alarm 5 times and keep me awake for hours! It's all right for him as he just nods straight back off to sleep but I can't do that any more for some reason.

Had a really good day today. I am hoping to have a pregnancy massage in February which I will book soon so that I do actually go. I've also been thinking of having a 4d scan done of the baby. It looks really good and why not!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails