Thursday 4 November 2010

Photos in the Park

A week has gone by already since my last blog entry! The days whizz by and I end up behind again.

Saturday we stayed in most of the day but did take a walk down to the park in the afternoon and took some pictures with our big camera (Nikon D80).




The boys had a great time at the park, and I couldn't tell you how many times they went down the slide.

















I loved the pictures we took, especially a few I got of the boys together.








Rob got some good ones of Leo and I too.




The light was fading fast and we had been at the park for a while so we took a leisurely stroll home, through some leaves.


In the evening Uncle Dave came over to baby sit and Rob and I went out for our first Date Night. Ohhh exciting! Basically I decided that we needed to go out just the 2 of us to make time for our relationship. We are hoping to go out once a month and take it in turns to pick where we go and what we do. I had picked a nice curry place which was a little way away from home but we got to chat in the car on the way there and back too.

The meal was great and we had good fun. We talked about kids and babies mainly but I had a lovely time. I really wanted to go bowling after but Rob didn't want to so we went home instead. When it is my turn again to pick I'm just going to go bowling ;o)

We managed to make it to Ikea on Sunday. We had to take two cars though so we could fit the furniture in my car. This meant the boys got to go in Daddy's car for a change, which they loved.





We got all the stuff really quickly and were in and out in no time.

Rob had a fault come up on his car and I needed to do some more shopping so he took the boys to see his brother (Uncle Dave) to have a look at it while I went shopping on my own.

I had a fab time. Loved every minute of it. I walked around slowly looking at all the clothes, tried some things on and stopped in a cafe for a muffin as I was feeling a little dizzy (possibly brought on by the pure euphoria of being child free for an hour). I bought some things for the boys for Christmas, found a girls going home outfit for Nugget (but didn't buy it) and I bought some maternity clothes including a new costume so I can now go swimming again. Still don't really fancy putting a costume on though.

We didn't do anything for Halloween this year. I was really boring for some reason. We only had 2 trick or treaters so the next day I sent Ellis to pre-school with a bag of sweets to hand out.

After Leo had his nap I went to see Sophie, Maggie and Ted who I haven't seen for ages and ages. I had a lovely lunch and a great chat.

Picked Ellis up from school and he had a good report which is always nice to hear.

Nothing happened Tuesday. In fact we stayed in all day and just pottered about. Bit boring but needed to be done.

In the evening though Rob was home nice and early from work so the boys all ate together and then Ellis gave Daddy a hand to fix his roller blind.





Then it was time for snuggles before bed.






The boys all went to bed, and I mean all, and I went out to Sally's house for curry night with my Mummy friends. Had an amazing time. It was such good fun. Everyone was just chatting non stop and I managed to get rid of some of my charity shop stuff to the girls.

Before leaving we were all being a little bit silly and started to hide stupid things from my charity box stuff around Sally's living room. There was a leopard print picture frame, 2 cat picture frames (one with a photo still included) and 2 DVD's. We were giggling away like school kids.

Wednesday Ellis went to school and I took Leo to his Music with Mummy class. He is getting better every week and understands the hand shaking intro and some of the songs which involve movements. I love spending the one on one time with him.

We picked Ellis up from school and he had an even better report than Monday! 2 different teachers said that there were no problems and he was good and helpful! His keyworker Lisa and Tonia the session leader, who I have been speaking to the most about him seemed very happy, which in turn made me very happy. I was so proud of my little guy and kept telling him so.

Ellis has been really good recently. He has been helping me out at home, playing nicely with his brother and just generally being a pleasure to be around. He is still having issues sleeping though and it is tough going for the pair of us. He still isn't sucking his thumb either but has started asking me if his thumb is better now and can he suck it again. I just said the baddy was nearly gone which he seems to accept. Sometimes I think maybe that will help him sleep better but then if it doesn't, how will I break the habit again?!

First thing this morning we went to Ellis' pre-school to have some photos taken of the boys together. It's a nice opportunity to get some more photos of the 2 of them together and it also helps with the fund raising for the pre-school.

It was really quiet, with only a few kids there and Ellis asked to stay. I asked if he wanted to go on Thursday mornings too and he said yes. I don't see why not as we don't do much, if anything on Thursday mornings, so maybe.

The photo session was quite funny. Leo sat on Ellis' back at one point and he loved it! I'm not sure if she managed to capture a good one but we will see.

Ellis had his swimming lesson again, which went really well and then we went to Nanny and Grandad Rennolds' house for the evening.

Ellis wasn't that well behaved and played up quite a bit but I think he was just very tired and a bit mad at me for telling him off and taking Grandad's computer off of him. He didn't want to eat his dinner either but we soon bribed him into eating something.

The boys fell asleep in the car on the way home so I just put them into bed and sat down to do this blog entry. My eyes are drying shut so think this is a good time to stop and go to bed.

2 comments:

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails