Saturday 11 January 2014

Boat Trip

Had a lovely day today with my family.  Well, not a whole day as in the morning I went to see my Mum who is struggling a bit after having a car crash on Wednesday.  I really wish she would see a doctor but she doesn't feel up to it yet, which I know doesn't make sense.  We are wishing her a very speedy recovery and I sent her some nice flowers and chocolates to remind her of that.  Ellis also drew her a lovely picture of a flower.

In the afternoon, we took the boys into town and they got to use their scooters.  They zoomed about and loved it.  We stood for quite a while outside a Costa Coffee, drinking our tea and watching the boys go up and down some slight ramps.  They had a brilliant time.

Leo then had an idea.  He wanted to go on a boat, or train.  The steam train wasn't running so I suggested the river taxi/ferry.  We found the place where we could catch it and we didn't have to wait long for a nice boat to arrive.


The boys were really excited and behaved really well for the first 30 minutes.  The last 10 minutes, they were ready to get off.  It was really good though and I was very happy being out with my family, making memories.









After the boat ride, everyone was little bit cold so we decided to head back home, with quick stop at Burger King.  The kids haven't eaten there before but they were all very hungry and polished the lot off, even an ice-cream!

At home, they were all showered and then propped in front of the TV for an hour before bed.

Another busy one tomorrow.  Ellis is back playing rugby, it's going to be cold, and Leo is starting forest school, even colder!  I was planning on taking Oscar swimming but think Rob would like to go as a family again.  I think maybe it's a bit too much for them the day before going back to school.  We'll see.

Thinking of my Mum a lot.  Love her tons and hope she is on the mend soon. xxx


1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's accident. I hope she's healing quickly! As usual, I'm happy to see that the blog is currently up and running again :)

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails